After being rumored weeks ago, the new Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/15 super wide angle lens is finally here.
Here’s an excerpt of the official announcement from Zeiss:
After plenty of guessing by Carl Zeiss fans, it’s now official: the new super wide angle Distagon T* 2,8/15 lens has arrived. With a large angle of view of 110 degrees in combination with a fast f/2.8 aperture, the lens enables the features for dramatic perspectives and performance demanded by the most ambitious landscape and architectural photographers. With a unique ability to capture events in a natural and extraordinary manner, it is also an ideal companion for advertising, journalism and commercial photography. It will be available with an EF (ZE) or F bayonet (ZF.2).
- Focal length: 15 mm
- Aperture range: f/2.8 -22
- Number of lens elements/groups: 15/12
- Focusing range: 0.25m – infinity
- Angular field (diag./horiz./vert.): 110°/ 100°/ 76°
- Coverage at close range**: 340 x 221 mm (close-up)
- Image ratio at close range: 1:9 (close-up)
- Filter thread: M95 x 1.0
- Length with caps: 132 mm
- Diameter: 103 mm
- Weight: 730 g
- 820 g (ZE)
The Zeiss Distagon T* 2,8/15 ZF.2/ZE lens is going to be available in May 2012 with a price tag of around $2,950.00 USD.