Here’s the official press release:
The ZEISS Otus 55mm F1.4 lens stands out with technical features ideal for all-around professional photography with 35mm DSLR cameras.
With an imaging performance that has hitherto only been seen with medium format systems, the new ZEISS Otus 55mm F1.4 lens offers ambitious photographers who do not accept any compromises in image quality the possibility for a more compact gear. DSLR cameras with high-resolution 35mm sensors put enormous demands on lenses. The Zeiss Otus 55mm F1.4 lens can deal with these demands thanks to its outstanding sharpness, high image contrast and no visible chromatic aberrations.
The Otus 55mm F1.4 lens creates the highest-possible image quality, even with an open aperture. The new ZEISS lens is especially suited for advertising, fashion and studio photography, and professional photographers working in these fields will not need to make any compromises in terms of performance and quality. The Otus 55mm F1.4 is the first lens in a family of uncompromising professional lenses from ZEISS.
Zeiss 55mm f/1.4 Otus Lens Technical details
- Focal length: 55mm
- Aperture range: f/1.4 – f/16
- Lens elements/groups: 12/10
- Focusing range: 0.50m – infinity
- Angular field: (diag./horiz./vert.) 43.7° / 36.7° / 24.9°
- Coverage at close range: 246 x 163mm
- Image ratio: 1:6.8
- Filter thread: M77 x 0.75
- Length with caps: 141mm (ZF.2) 144mm (ZE)
- Diameter: 92.4mm
- Weight: 970 g (ZF.2), 1030 g (ZE)
- Mounts: ZF.2 (F bayonet) Nikon; ZE (EF bayonet) Canon
The Zeiss Otus 55mm F1.4 delivers outstanding sharpness and contrast rendition all the way into the corners of the image.