Using a window as a light source has got to be the most classic of all lighting styles. It is simple, cheap, soft, it can be dramatic or subtle, and has a history as old as art itself. Kessler U has just put out a good little tutorial on window lighting for photography that is well worth a watch – no matter if you already know what you’re doing or you’re a complete newb.
If you want to learn more, here are five additional resources for window lighting
- Window Light [TheWeddingPhotographer]
- Making the Most of Window Lighting [Phoblographer]
- Windows Side Lighting [Layers Magazine]
- How To Get Optimum Window Light [Steve's Digicams]
- Tips for Using Window Lighting [Picture Correct]
Do you know of another good resource? Let us know in the comments.[KesslerU]