If you’re looking for an affordable way to protect your Canon lenses from dust and moisture, the Dust Donut might just help you in that department.
As a Canon user, you probably already know that almost all Canon EF lens mounts doesn’t come with some kind of protection from dust particles and moisture.
That’s the reason why Tyler Sterbentz of California started the Dust Donut, a Kickstarter project that is already way beyond its funding goal of $2,000. It means that the camera accessory is going to see the light of day.
According to the project, the weather resistant seal is made “to a level of precision found only in aerospace engineering.”
Here’s the list of Canon lenses that are compatible with the Dust Donut:
- Canon EF-S Lenses: EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS USM, EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS, EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM
- Canon EF Telephoto Zoom Lenses: EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm f/4L USM, EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 DO IS USM, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III, EF 100-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM,
- Canon EF Wide Angle: EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye, EF 20mm f/2.8 USM, EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM, EF 28 f/1.8 USM, EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM, EF 35mm f/1.4L USM, EF 35mm f/2 IS USM, EF 35mm f/2
- Canon Standard & Medium Telephoto: EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM, EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, EF 100mm f/2 USM
- Canon Telephoto: EF 135mm f/2L USM, EF 135mm f/2.8 with Softfocus, EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM
- Canon Macro: EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro, MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro Photo, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM,
- Canon Tilt Shift: TS-E 17mm f/4L, TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II, TS-E 45mm f/2.8, TS-E 90mm f/2.8
The Dust Donut is expected to come with a retail price of around $25 when it becomes available in the market. But if you pre-order one now through Kickstarter, you can get it for only $20.[Kickstarter via CNET Asia]