As March slowly winds down, we find ourselves approaching two very important dates for camera collectors: April 29, which is when the next Tamarkin Photographica Auction will be held, and May 12, which is when a number of cameras, lenses, and accessories will be heading to the auction block at the 21st WestLicht Camera Auction.
There’s just over a month to go for both the Tamarkin and WestLicht auctions, and both institutions have now published and released their respective auction catalogs. This means that you can browse through them and make your selection of which lots you’ll be bidding on when the auctions finally roll around.
Some interesting Leica shooters that will be up for bidding on Tamarkin are as follows:
- 50mm Summicron f/2 Nr. 1468975, black enamel, with plastic container. Very rare and almost never seen in this condition. Condition: near mint. Estimate: $7,500 – $12,500.
- Leica M4 Nr. 1206808 with motor drive #02926. Slight depression on front near rangefinder window. Condition: near mint. Estimate: $5,000 – $8,000.
- Leica M4 Nr. 1273465 with 50mm dual-range Summicron f2 Nr. 1607830, both refinished in gold. Condition: near mint. Estimate: $3,000 – $5,000.
- Leica MP-126 black enamel with 50mm Summicron f2 Nr. 2340655. Original and very rare in this condition. Condition: Ex++. Estimate: $75,000 – $120,000.
- Leica 72 18×24 with 50mm Elmar f/3.5 Nr. 137575 Red Scale with red presentation case. Condition: Near Mint. Estimate: $15,000 – $20,000.
You can review the announcement of the WestLicht Photographica to view some highlights of the auction.[Leica Rumors 1, 2]