Mirrorless cameras are becoming increasingly popular nowadays (mirrorless lenses for your Nikon, anyone?) Leica and Epson, Olympus and Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, Pentax and Nikon have all released mirrorless camera systems over the past few years.
So really, it was only a matter of time before Fuji got in on the mirrorless camera game.
Here are the specifications as translated from the same forum where the scans of the magazine were posted:
- Pricing : around 1300€ including the 35mm lens. The other optics being around 600€ (“according to their informations”, and “to be confirmed”)
- Sensor : APS-C 1.5x, CMOS, Fuji “X-Trans” technology. Photosites pattern is 6 sides (as opposed to Bayer 4 sides). There is no anti-moiré filter, which will allow better resolution. [Note that there is no word about an organic sensor]
- Lenses are full metal. “Fujinon XF optics are announced as exceptional”, They are 18 f2.0, 35 f1.4, 60 f2.4 macro (equiv 27, 53, 90)
- New mount is “X-Mount”. “tirage” [flange-back distance] is 17,7mm. “Diameter is large enough to let the rear of the lens get inside the camera (up to 7,5mm to the sensor)”
- “Viewfinder similar to the X100, which allows to switch between optical or electronic sight.With a welcome addition : the optical viewfinder will adapt its enlargement to the lens focal length”
- “Other news : an external auto-focus, as hinted by the window above the lens”
- Aluminium build
- “An optional grip will be proposed”