A lot of big reveals were made in the past couple of days leading up to the CES 2012. We’re headed into the second day of the trade show where the news, product announcements, and demonstrations still aren’t showing signs of slowing down.
Unveiled on the first day was Sony’s new cameras for the Bloggie series: the Bloggie Sport and the Bloggie Live. Both cameras are equipped with touchscreens on their tiny camera frames, making them perfect for capturing stills and videos while you’re on the go.
First up is the Bloggie Sport. This shooter is waterproof in depths of up to 16 feet–and the cool thing is that the touchscreen works even when you’re under water. Aside from that, it’s also shock-proof and dust proof. The exterior of the Bloggie Sport is heavily rubberized, so it could survive drops of up to five feet (although you can test this fact at your own risk.) The Bloggie Sport will be available next month for $180.
Bloggie Sport specs:
- Mobile HD snap camera shoots Full HD (1920×1080 30p) video and 5.1 megapixel still photos
- Waterproof, dustproof and shockproof with tough, colourful sports styling
- 6.7cm/2.7” touchscreen LCD can be operated underwater
- 4GB memory stores approx. 2 hours HD video
- Easy uploads with PlayMemories Home™ software
Then we have the Bloggie Live. Although this shooter can record 1080p video, it can only stream live at 480 x 270. While the Bloggie Sport is best suited for athletes and for those who enjoy the great outdoors, the Bloggie Live is a better fit for those who can’t live without social networks and for those who are fond of recording video logs (or vlogs, for short.) The Bloggie Live is available for purchase for $250.
Bloggie Live specs:
- Live Streaming
- Save to PlayMemories Online (Sony’s cloud service)
- View on smartphone (allows you to view your photos and video on smartphones or tablets that have the Sony PlayMemories Mobile application)
- Photo Size (12 megapixel 4:3, 8 megapixel 16.9, 2 megapixel 16:9)
- Movie Size (Full 1080 30p HD, 720 60p HD, 720 30p HD)
- Flicker Reduction (On/Off)
- Self-Timer (Off/10 seconds)