A lot of camera lenses have been unveiled in the past couple of days: Ricoh’s A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5 for the GXR, Voigtlander’s Nokton 17.5mm f/0.95 Micro Four Thirds lens, and Tamron’s SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD lens.
Joining this list is Sony’s 500mm f/4 Alpha mount lens. Now these lenses aren’t exactly new to the photography scene, especially if you’ve been following camera shows where the lens has been displayed over the years.
Sony’s 500mm f/4 G SSM is a powerful, professional-grade super-telephoto lens that was intended for use with A-mount SLR and SLT cameras. This lens will be the first one from Sony that will benefit from a new and advanced coating process that will allow photographers to capture crisper and clearer images.
Here are some more specifications for the 500mm f/4 G SSM:
- Longest-ever focal length G Lens from Sony
- Bright F4.0 aperture for superior light gathering
- Nano AR Coating on optical surfaces for flawless still images and HD video
- Compatible with SteadyShot INSIDE featured in all α cameras
- New SSM drive circuit for quick, accurate autofocus
- Rugged dust- and moisture-resistant design: ideal partner for SLT-A77
- Enhanced handling and operability