Sigma announced its new 50-150mm f/2.8 APO EX DC OS HSM lens sometime last February in Japan. The lens was designed especially for APS-C size image sensors, and makes use of Sigma’s proprietary OS (Optical Stabilizer) system.
Although key specifications of the lens were revealed during the announcement, Sigma failed to provide any pricing information for the lens. Now we’ve just received word on the price of the lens: $1,099.
The key features of the lens are as follows:
- 75-225mm (equivalent) Lens for APS-C
- Fast Maximum Aperture of f/2.8
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Multi-Layer Coating Reduces Flare
- Quiet, High-Speed Autofocus
- Inner Focusing and Inner Zooming System
- SLD Glass Elements Reduce Aberrations
- 9-Blade Diaphragm For Good Bokeh
The lens is now available for pre-order on B&H Photo. The lenses for Canon shooters will be available starting April 4th, while those for Nikon cameras will ship out starting May 6th.