Just in time for Nikon to make what we assume to be the official announcement at their January 6th press event, the French magazine Responses Photo has leaked the specs of the Nikon D4 for all to see. According to the magazine article, the rumor mill has been surprisingly accurate in this case.
All of the specs rumored earlier this year have been confirmed true. From the CF/XQD card slots we were all salivating over to the less anticipated specs. A basic overlook shows the D4 at 16 megapixel, with an ISO range of 100-12800 (which expands to 50-204800), 10-12 fps, 51 point AF, 9100 point metering system and 1080p video recording.
With a hefty price tag of €5,800, or approximately 7,425 U.S. dollars, the new rig will cost you a pretty penny regardless of your currency. Of course, as the old adage goes, you get what you pay for.
Full Camera Specs
- Available February
- ISO: 100 – 102,400, expandable to 50 to 204,800.
- 91,000-pixel RGB metering sensor
- Face detection/recognition
- 100% viewfinder coverage
- Illuminated function buttons (Like)
- Dedicated video button
- Includes H.264 B frame compression
- Contrast detect AF in movie recording
- Low-pass filter for video recording
- Smooth aperture feature for video recording
- Nikon D4 is not produced in Thailand