Although it’s hard to imagine a suite as powerful as Photoshop making its way to tablets, that’s just what Adobe did when they put Photoshop Touch on Android devices at the beginning of this year. Well, as of yesterday, Apple fanboys need fret no longer as Photoshop Touch has made its way to the iPad 2.
Just like the Android version of the app, it will set you back $9.99 and comes with a slew of cool (all-be-it limited) editing and sharing options, which include:
- Layers, adjustments, filters, and selection tools
- Search for and import images directly from Google with built in Google Image Search
- Scribble Selection Tool – scribble over the area of an image you would like to select.
- Camera Fill – use your iPad camera to fill in an area on a layer
- Step-By-Step tutorials included, along with a gallery of pre-edited images
- Facebook integration which allows you to view comments without ever leaving the app.
The are many more features that you can check out for yourself if you have an iPad 2 and $10 populating your checking account. The meager down-side is the same as the Android app before it: the resolution is limited to 1,600 x 1,600 pixels. But the pros seem to outweigh the cons when you imagine a scenario where you start doing minor edits on your iPad and then pick them up on CS5 when you get home using Adobe Creative Cloud.