It seems that Panasonic is quite busy this month with their Micro Four Thirds category. Just last week at CES 2012 held in Las Vegas, Nevada, Panasonic showed us a mockup versions of their Micro Four Thirds concept lenses: the Panasonic Lumix Vario X 12-35mm F2.8 and 35-100mm F2.8.
And now, Panasonic announced the availability of an updated firmware for the Lumix DMC-GX1 micro four thirds camera and the Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4.0-5.6 Mega OIS lens.
According to the official press release:
The following functions will be available with the new firmware:
- Enhancement in the performance of AWB
- Enhancement in the performance of [AFF] (AF Flexible) and [AFC] (AF Continuous)
- Improved stability when used with the SD Memory Card complying with UHS-I
- Addition of [STEP ZOOM] and [ZOOM SPEED] in the setting of [Fn] (Function) button and [Q.MENU]
- Reflection of [DRIVE MODE] settings to [CUSTOM SETTING]
- [MENU RESUME] in each menu tab
- Page flip in the menu tab with [DISP.] (Display) button
LUMIX G VARIO 100-300mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS100300)
- Improved performance of O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer)
Already excited to upgrade your Panasonic shooter? Hold you horses, the firmware is not yet available until the end of January.[DPReview]