A few minutes into the event and an hour or so before the press release embargo is lifted, details of the new Leica M Monochrome camera have been leaked.
Leica M Monochrome
Leica’s newest offering is definitely a niche camera – shooting exclusively black and white images. Details are still sparse but here’s what we do know
- 18 MP
- Newly developed monochrome CCD sensor
- 100% sharper images due to direct processing of raw data and no interpolation
- ISO 10,000 with very little noise
- Various tones programmable
- File format: DNG, JPG
- Screen Dots: 230,000 (disappointment)
- Min Shutter Speed: 32 sec
- Max Shutter Speed : 1/4000
- All-cowhide carrying strap
- Top and bottom plates in, you guess it, black
- Leatherette body covering (no real leather??)
Update: Full specs can now be found on DPReview as well as sample photos. I’ve updated the list above with the highlights.