Not every photographer is a web developer or designer – most aren’t. Good for you if you’re good at HTML and CSS and that type of stuff, but it’s not so bad even if you aren’t, thanks to the availability of services like Iconify. Its developers challenge photographers to “rethink their portfolio” by pitching to turn existing ones into a responsive website and an interactive mobile app.
Iconify’s manifesto boasts that they have come across six key elements that today’s portfolios should have: iconic, responsive, minimal, connected, sharable, and analytical.
- Iconic – Everyone can easily download your portfolio as an app.
- Responsive – Iconify is smart enough to work in any browser, on any device.
- Minimal – Our 51 pixel design gets out of the way of your awesome work.
- Connected – Clients can call, email, and more with a single click.
- Sharable – It’s time to go viral. Enable everyone to share your portfolio.
- Analytical – What good is a portfolio if you don’t know who’s looking at it?
If you agree, then you might want to head on over to their site to check it out. They’ve also put together a sample portfolio that you can access to see Iconify in action.
Iconify officially launches on the 30th, but you can sign up before to get early access and a free 30-day membership.