Exciting news has emerged that the ‘Instagram Socialmatic’ concept may well become a reality. Italian designer Antonio De Rosa has decided to raise funds for the production of the camera using Indiegogo, a crowd funding platform not unlike Kickstarter used to raise money for projects or campaigns.
Mr. De Rosa has set a goal to raise $50,000 before July 1 in order to advance the project to the next stage. Around $3000 has been raised so far, and a “massive” discount off of the stated “less than $350” price has been guaranteed for all contributors.
Here are the specifications provided on the project page:
– 16 GB mass storage;
– Wifi and Bluetooth;
– 4:3 touchscreen;
– 2 main lens, first for main capture, second for 3D filters, webcam applications and QR Code capturing;
– Optical zoom;
– Led Flash;
– Internal printer to make your Instagram photos real;
– Paper cartridge with Instagram Paper Sheets;
– Dedicated 4 colors ink tanks;
– InstaOs 1.0, which put together Facebook and Instagram App feature;
– Pairing with iPhone and Android App;
If you would like to see this one-of-a-kind camera to come to life, head over to its Indigogo page to pledge your support.