Apple’s iPhone is immensely popular and enjoys a huge following. So it makes sense that many manufacturers are constantly working to come up with apps and accessories that are compatible with the device. Some of these are for novelty’s or appearances sake. There are also others that are more functional, like the Holga Lens Filter Kit that lets you add effects to the photos you’ve taken using the smartphone.
Another smartphone that’s steadily rising in popularity and user base is the Samsung Galaxy S II. There aren’t as many apps available for the Android, although it has been reported that Instagram will be released for it soon. So while you wait, why not grab the Samsung Galaxy S II version of the Lens Filter Kit?
The special effects and filters you can achieve are the same with the iPhone version, which are, specifically:
- Dual Image Lens: Produces 2 identical images similar to a Holga 2 way split image filter
- Triple Image Lens: Produces 3 identical images similar to a Holga 3 way split image filter
- Quadruple Image Lens: Produces 4 identical images similar to a Holga 4 way split image filter
- 60mm Macro Lens: For taking photos at approximately 60mm from the lens
- Empty Hole: For taking images with no effect
- Red Filter with Clear Heart Shape Centre: Reduces absorption of blue & green lights with clear heart shape centre to stand out
- Red Filter: Reduces absorption of blue and green light
- Green Filter: Enhances green colors
- Yellow Filter with Clear Center: Clear circular spot in center to stand out with surroundings in pale yellow to mimic sunset
- Blue Filter with Clear Center: Clear circular spot in center to stand out with surroundings in blue to mimic gentle moon atmosphere
The Holga Lens Filter for the Samsung Galaxy S II is available online for $28, which is a few bucks more expensive than it’s iPhone counterpart.