Owners of Fujifilm’s FinePix X100 and various Olympus camera models will be pleased to hear that both manufacturers have recently released firmware updates that will improve performance and upgrade certain camera features.
Fujifilm X100 v1.20
- Some functions, which can be set to the “Fn” button and shown as “Fn BUTTON” in SET-UP menu, can be also set to the RAW button.
- By selecting “ISO” in the shooting menu, either the ISO sensitivity value or “ISO AUTO CONTROL” can be selected.
- When the AF MODE is set to “AREA” in Single AF (AF-S) mode, the active focus point is zoomed in (magnified to approx 5x) by pressing the center of the command control.
- When the “ND FILTER” is set to either the “Fn” or “RAW” buttons, changing between ON (“ND” is displayed) or OFF (“ND” is NOT displayed) can be done by pressing the chosen button.
- When the image is shot in the vertical orientation and played back on the LCD, the image is displayed using the whole area of the LCD.
- When photographing a human face, the detected face is displayed when playing back.
- The AE control system and AF performance, including AF speed, has been improved when in movie recording mode.
Download the X100 v1.20 update here.
Olympus Firmware Updates for E-5 and PEN Cameras
Olympus has releasd v1.2 for the E-5 DSLR and firmware updates for the PEN E-P3, E-PL3, E-PL2 and E-PM1. The updates will improve the stability of these shooters when they are being used with SDXC cards that are larger than 48 gigabytes. The updates for the E-PL3 and E-PM1 shooters will also improve camera operation when using external flashes in RC mode.
You will need to download the Olympus Camera Updater Software first in order to download the firmware updates.
Download the Olympus Camera Updater Software here.