Most people know DxO Labs as the software developer behind Optics Pro, which is a powerful photo processing program. But they also have another neat piece of software called FilmPack that lets users simulate silver halide film rendition based on calibration they’ve gathered over the last decade.
The move to 64-bit means that the Essentials and Expert versions of FilmPack can now process simulations two times faster than its preceding version.
Here’s a quick list of features for DxO’s FilmPack:
- Render images for black and white and colored film effects
- Reproduce images with Fuji Reala film, Polaroid, or Kodak Tri-X grain effects
- Apply creative renderings that add vintage effects and filters
- Add film grain to digital images
- Create and save user-customized film types
- DxO FilmPack 3 Essential Edition: $79
- DxO FilmPack 3 Expert Edition: $129