Helmet cameras, such as the Drift HD Action Camera, let you capture the moment in high definition without skipping a beat. I think this camera is another one of those gadgets that prove that size doesn’t really matter, like the CamOne Infinity HD Video Camera.
Both the CamOne and Drift have pretty similar features: they can both record 1080p video, take high-quality still images, and both fit in the palm of your hand. The main difference is that the Drift HD is meant to be clipped or positioned on mounts so you can take a whole range of photos and videos at various angles.
More features of the Drift HD Action Camera are as follows:
- microSD Memory Capacity: up to 32GB
- 25 / 30 / 50 / 60fps in 720p or 25 / 30fps in 1080p
- Still Photo: 9 megapixel with Photoburst Mode
- Digital Zoom: Digital x4 (in 1080p, 720p/30/60fps & WVGA mode)
- Lens Angle: 170° Fully Rotatable Wide Angle Lens
- LCD Screen: 1.5″ Colour TFT
- Water Resistant
- Remote Control: Wireless RF (5m range) Hands Free Video and Photo
- Mounts: Multiple Mounting Design, Standard 1/4″ 20 mm thread
- Audio: Built-in Microphone & Speaker, 2.5mm Mono Plug Input
- HDMI: Micro HDMI connector for HDTV playback
The Drift HD can also be be clipped onto helmets or goggles so you can shoot high res “point-of-view” videos. For example, you can clip it on while you’re off performing tricks on your bike or while you’re trekking in some exotic location. The possibilities are endless, really.
The Drift HD is available on Amazon for $359.90. I think there’s a limited amount of stocks left, so I’d hurry, if I were you.