Hello TogTech DIYers! Here’s another cool project that can keep you busy during your spare time. Well, this one’s mainly for the ladies. But if you don’t mind the slightly feminine design from Chilean designer Joy, then by all means, read on! Actually, you can use leather for this tutorial instead of the original felt material. Just like what Joy said: “You can improve your own version.”
To get started, you’ll need these materials for the main body:
- 2 pieces of 24×18-inch piece of your choice of color felt or fleece
- Add 1 piece of 24×18-inch canvas/outside fabric, if you decide to reinforce yours (recommended)
- 1/2-inch foam
- About 20-inch long piece of Velcro, cut in pieces of 4-inch long
- Embroidery floss
And for the insert, you’ll need to grab all of these:
- 3 pieces of 3×6-inch foam (center divider)
- 1 piece of 6×6-inch foam (full divider)
- 1 pieces of 7 1/2-inch by 10 1/2-inch felt (center divider A) fold it to make a 7 1/2-inch by 5 1/4-inch piece
- 1 pieces of 4×10 1/2-inch felt (center divider B) fold it to make a 4×5 1/4-inch piece
- 1 piece of 7×10 1/2-inch felt (full divider) fold it to make a 7×5 1/4-inch piece
If you’re ready, you can hit the source link and follow the detailed and visualized step-by-step tutorial created by Joy. And don’t forget to let us know about your creation by posting the link to the photo of your own custom camera carrier here in the comments.
For those who are not really fond of velcros, you’ll be interested to learn about the TrekPak.