Here’s another cool project that will get your DIY spirit up and working again. The guys at Photojojo have made a tutorial that teaches you how to transfer your photos onto wood, which, when you’re done, will give you an Instagram-like photos on wood.
Here are the steps on how to transfer photos on wood:
1. Reverse your desired photo using an image editor. Make sure to adjust the size of the photo to fit on the wood.
2. Print the photo on a laser printer. Resolution should be at least 300dpi.
3. Grab the scissors and cut out the printed photo.
4. On top of the photo’s surface, brush a thin layer of matte gel medium.
5. Place the photo down on the wood. Smooth out the photo using the edge of any small card.
6. Dry for eight hours.
7. After drying, put a water-soaked cloth on top of the transfer. Wait for a few minutes before taking the wet cloth off.
8. Using your fingers, rub off the white paper fibers and let it dry again.
Voila! You now have your photo printed on wood. Amazing, right?
If you’re the I-need-illustrations-for-that type of guy, hit the source link below to find the steps explained with photos.
Don’t forget to share your finished product by pasting the photo link in the comments below.