A firmware update for the Canon EOS 5D Mark III was released around the same time the manufacturer put the “light leaks” issue to rest. The update addresses several key issues and introduces fixes to improve the performance of the shooter.
Firmware version 1.1.2 for the 5D Mark III is for those that are already updated up to version 1.0.7.
The firmware update incorporates the following improvements and fixes:
- Adds support for a new accessory, the GPS receiver GP-E22
- Fixes a phenomenon where a pink cast may develop over the image when the shutter is completely pressed with the camera’s power turned off (by the auto power off setting)
- Fixes a phenomenon where the camera stops after one shot when shooting in High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode
- Fixes a phenomenon where the Shooting Date/Time in the EXIF data of the image shows a later time than the actual shooting time
- Fixes the time zone for the Samoa Islands
- Corrects errors in the Finnish menu screen.