OMG Life has just announced a camera call Autographer that is genuinely unique. Autographer is a camera you wear around your neck which captures photos through the day automagically. The concept of autography isn’t new in itself but what the Autographer camera does is make smart decisions on when those photos should be taken. Traditionally if a photographer wanted to do a serious of autographs they’d set their camera on a timed interval. The Autographer camera in contrast has 5 sensors with which to make it’s decisions on when your surrounds have changed enough to warrnet a new click.
- Magnetometer – Essentially a compass, to track if you change the direction you’re pointing
- GPS – Measures change in location
- PIR – An infrared motion detector to notice if things are moving in front of the camera
- Accelerometer – to measure if the camera is in motion or not
- Temperature – Quick changes in temperature signal exciting events no?
- Colour Sensor – Used for gauging changes in what the camera sees
There’s more to it than you think!
On first impression you may dismiss the company on their name. OMG doesn’t stand for the usual web acronym however (Oh My God), but rather the company’s tech mother ship, Oxford Metrics Group. The camera was originally designed for medical purposes to help those with memory loss.
- 8GB internal memory
- 5 on board smart sensors + GPS
(ambient light / accelerometer / magnetometer / PIR / temperature)
- Bluetooth (connect to your smart phone with app)
- 136º field of view
- All glass wide angle precision optics
- Fixed focus
- 5MPx low light sensor
- Dedicated smartphone app
– view, tag and share the images.
- Weight: 58g
- Width 37.4mm (with side buttons)
Length 90mm (95.5mm with lanyard ring)
Thickness 22.93mm (with clip and lens)