Adobe has been keeping busy with new service announcements and product launches. Just a few months after announcing the availability of Lightroom 4, Adobe has now launched the latest version of its popular photo editing software: Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CS6 Extended.
You can expect CS6 to come with new features, including Content-Aware Patch, a Blur Gallery, a set of enhanced and re-engineered Design Tools, and new video tools. Adobe’s new Mercury Graphics Engine also makes full use of your machine’s graphics processing unit, cutting down the time needed to complete imaging and editing tasks.
Adobe Photoshop CS6 Features:
- Content-Aware Patch – Allows greater control by letting users choose the sample area used to create a patch.
- Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine – Takes advantage of the graphics processing unit in modern hardware in order to speed up imaging and editing tasks, and process large images faster.
- New and Re-engineered Design Tools – Type styles enable consistent formatting; vector layers apply strokes and add gradients to vector objects; custom strokes and dashed lines are easily created; quick layers search and more.
- Intuitive Video Creation – The full range of familiar Photoshop tools and an intuitive set of new video tools to create and enhance any video clip.
- Blur Gallery – A simple new interface, with on-image and in-context controls, allows users to quickly create photographic blur effects including tilt-shift effects, blur everything with one focal point, or vary the blurriness between multiple focal points.
Photoshop CS6 Extended naturally packs in more features, such as new 3D controls and a Mercury Graphic Engine dedicated to 3D imaging.
Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended Additional Features:
- Mercury Graphics Engine for 3D – Increased power and speed via engine optimized for 3D imaging.
- New 3D Controls – UI improvements for more efficient 3D workflows.
- New 3D Effects – Reflections and “drag-able” shadows to enhance images.
Adobe Photoshop CS6 will ship out in 30 days and is now available for pre-order on B&H. CS6 is priced at $699, while CS6 Extended is priced at $999.